At the beginning of the year I set financial goals for myself. I prefer this to the standard resolutions.
1) Fully fund my Roth! done
- Fully funding my Roth was completed early in the year making the magic of compounding more powerful. I plan to do the same in 2020.
2) Achieve $2500 dividends for the year! done
- I collected a total of $3257.25 dividends for the full year surpassing my goal of $2500. Thanks to the sale of FB I was able to increase my exposure to dividend stocks in a major way. I still hold in excess of 100 shares in my taxable account but selling these share takes more thought and strategic tax planning. I may just keep these for this year and revisit next year.
3) Achieve $3000 12 month forward dividends! done
- My current 12 month forward dividends now stands at $5240. A fantastic number for sure. I plan to expand on this considerably in the coming year.
4) Add to dividend stocks/ETF in my taxable account this year! done
- This is the account I plan to draw from first for retirement or in case of a super serious emergency. Even though I keep an emergency fund between $5000 – $10000 in an online savings, this would be used as a back up for longer term emergencies. So it’s time to focus here.
5) Start a Blog to keep track of my progress reaching liquid financial security! done
- After following so many of you for several years, I did it. Even though I am not a writer, I took the plunge and am happy I did. The motivation alone makes it worth the effort. Not to mention the accountability.
Scattered ThoughtsOverall it’s been a fantastic year all around. My family has been happy and healthy. All three children are on high and highest honor rolls. So school is going extremely well. Not sure why school has a high and highest honor roll but ok.
The Holidays went smoothly even with all the hustle and bustle that comes with them.
My children had a full two weeks off from school this year but we didn’t have any snow so they weren’t able to go sledding. That was disappointing for them. We did manage to go ice skating though.
Maybe my next post will be about our Christmas break from school.
2019 Goals ~ success!
1) Fully fund my Roth ~ done 2) Achieve $2500 dividends for the year! done 3) Achieve $3000 12 month forward dividends! done 4) Add to dividend stocks/ETF in my taxable account this year! done 5) Start a Blog to keep track of my progress reaching financial security! done
I sold 200+ shares of my Facebook stock. I have been holding these since their IPO. (Not because of the company or their fundamentals).
I am moving more to dividend stocks on my Journey to Liquid FI.
With the proceeds I purchased shares in PM, SPG, KO, JNJ, MO, VZ, XOM. Whether it be initiating a new position or averaging down, I feel this is the best way for me to achieve my goals.
The year 2019 has ended and what a year it was. The stock market was on fire. My portfolio did well. I was able to make huge strides in forward dividends. I started this blog.
All of the goals I set at the beginning of the year have been achieved and it’s time to start a new chapter in life.
Begin with a clean slate and set some new goals with the promise to live my best life.
Thanks for reading! ~ M